You know I like trying out new recipes, maybe the word like is an understatement. I LOVE trying out new recipes, so it’s no wonder I really liked this slow cooker Mediterranean chicken recipe. Boy this was good. I decided to live on the edge too, made a double batch so there’s some in the freezer for later.
I’ll admit it, I am love my slow cooker. I used to wonder if it was just a passing fancy, but the longer I have one and the more I use it, the more I LOVE it! Tell me I’m not the only one.
SLOW COOKER MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
1 medium butternut squash, peeled & cut into 2″ pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3 pieces each
1 x 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (with juices)
1 cup salsa
½ cup gold raisins
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cumin
Layer squash, bell pepper and chicken in crock pot
Mix tomatoes, salsa, gold raisins, cinnamon & cumin together
Pour over other ingredients in pot
Cover and cook on low 7 hours, or until juice of chicken is no longer pink and squash is tender
Serve over couscous or brown rice
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled & cut into 2" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into large pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 3 pieces each
- 1 x 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup gold raisins
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Layer squash, bell pepper and chicken in crock pot
- Mix tomatoes, salsa, gold raisins, cinnamon & cumin together
- Pour over other ingredients in pot
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours, or until juice of chicken is no longer pink and squash is tender
- Serve over couscous or brown rice
Would you like a FREE COPY of my weekly menu planner? Be sure to sign up for my newsletter HERE to get copies of both.
Did you know I have a posted list of recommended cookbooks on my website. Click HERE to visit that page.
You can also visit my KITCHEN GADGETS page for recommendations of my must have list of kitchen equipment.
There’s still time to check out my archive site.
Copyright 2017 by Heather Thomas, sloCooking.net. All rights reserved.